In the node detail page
Sookha kala channa
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Spice Level: Zero
- 1181 views
Sookha Kala Chana is a special recipe that is made using a minimal number of ingredients. It is very popular in Punjab, especially during the Navaratri fasting period, especially on the Ashtami day. It is a must-make prasad offering made on Ram Navami and is often prepared alongside shoji halwa.
- Black chickpeas (kala chana) (2 cups)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1 tsp)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (½ tsp)
- MTR Garam Masala Powder (½ tsp)
- Mustard oil (sarson ka tel) (2 tbsp)
- Overnight-soak the chana.
- The following morning, drain out the water and keep the chana aside.
- Heat the mustard oil in a pressure cooker and just when it has begun to smoke up, toss in the jeera.
- When the jeera has begun to splutter, add in the chana. Keep sautéing for a minute.
- Next, add in the MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder, the MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder, the MTR Garam Masala Powder, and salt. Keep sautéing for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in 1½ cups of water and keep stirring.
- Put the lid on and pressure-cook the mix, timing it to 10 to 12 whistles.
- Once the cooker has cooled down, take the lid off and let the mix simmer till all the water has dried up.
- Serve the Sookha Kala Chana with poories and sooji halwa.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street