In the node detail page
Palak Rajma Masala
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Medium
Want your dish to be a 10/10? Make sure that the rajma beans are soft, not mushy. This gives both taste and texture to the dish.
- 3149 views
Palak Rajma Masala is essentially a Punjabi curry prepared with red kidney beans and spinach. Not only is it one of the most famous curries in restaurants and dhabas across northern India, it is a delight to eat with tandoori roti and plain rice.
- Kidney beans (rajma) (1 cup)
- Spinach leaves (palak), puried (1 cup)
- Tomato, finely chopped (2)
- Onion, finely chopped (1)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- MTR Garam Masala Powder (1 tsp)
- Ginger, finely chopped (1 inch piece)
- Garlic cloves, finely chopped (4)
- Raw mango powder (amchur) (1 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Green chillies, split vertically (4)
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Soak rajma in water overnight. Pressure-cook it through 4 to 5 whistles.
- Drain the water and keep the rajma aside in a separate bowl.
- Now wash the palak thoroughly with water and put it to boil. Once done, drain all the water and allow it to cool down.
- Grind the palak and tomato in a grinder and keep the mixture aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and then, add garlic, onion, and ginger to it.
- Sauté them well. Once the onion turns golden brown, add palak, rajma and amchur to the kadhai.
- Add a little water if required. Now, add salt, MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder, MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder and MTR Garam Masala and cook till the gravy becomes thick.
- Add fresh cream if you like and serve hot.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street