In the node detail page
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Spice Level: Low
It is a good idea to use blanched palak and blanched onion (1, small-sized) to make the palak purée. Remember to knead a very soft dough to make the rotis softer. To get the best looking rotis, use about 3 tsp of chopped palak along with the puree.
- 486 views
Palak Chapatti is a spicy green winter staple made by mixing spinach and spices in the chapatti dough. It is a much-loved breakfast dish preferred by children and elder family members as it is packed with nutrients. Preparing the delicious Palak Chapatti is, however, an easy task. The garlic, chillies, ginger and coriander used in this recipe make it tastier than the regular stuffed parathas. Usually served with curd or aloo tamatar sabzi and garlic chutney, it is also a popular lunch–box option for children, who love it with some pickle accompaniment.
- Spinach (palak) (2 bunches)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- MTR Garam Masala (½ tsp)
- Ginger (adrak) (1-inch)
- Garlic (lahsun) (2 to 3 pods)
- Salt (to taste)
- Curd (dahi) (2 tsp)
- Wheat flour (atta) (1 cup)
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Thoroughly wash and chop up the palak and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a kadhai and toss in the palak. Keep sautéing till the leaves have shrivelled to half the original amount.
- Let the palak mix cool and then, grind it into a smooth paste.
- In a paraat (big, flat plate with shallow edges), take the atta and pour the ground palak into it. Then, add in the MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder, very finely chopped ginger and garlic pieces, the MTR Garam Masala, curd and salt.
- Pour in water only if absolutely necessary, because the natural water content of the palak paste is often sufficient.
- Add in some oil and knead the dough well. Cover for 30 minutes. The dough should be deep green in colour.
- With the help of a rolling pin, flatten out the rotis and cook them on a griddle till brown patches begin to appear on both their sides.
- Serve with curd, aloo tamatar sabzi and pickle.
What are you craving for?