In the node detail page
Aam Ka Panna
- Duration: 25 min
- Serves: 6-10 people
Aam ka panna has a sweet-tangy and pleasant taste. The addition of sugar is what makes it so delicious so make sure to add sugar and black salt according to the sourness of the mango.
- 441 views
In India, mango trees are abundant and drinking “aam ka panna” or the juice of raw mango to beat the summer heat has been our culture for generations. Back in the day, this drink was considered to be a ‘tonic’, as it could fight diseases like cholera and tuberculosis.
- Raw, medium- sized mangoes (kachhe aam) (2)
- Jaggery or sugar (gudh/shakkar) (1 cup)
- Black salt (kala namak) (1/2 tsp)
- Cardamom (elaichi) powder (1 tsp)
- Dry ginger powder (saunth) (1/2 tsp)
- MTR Kali Mirch/Black Pepper Powder (1/4 tsp)
- In a pressure cooker, boil 2 mangoes with a cup of water, and scoop out the pulp.
- Add jaggery, cardamom powder, ginger powder, black salt and MTR Kali Mirch/Black Pepper Powder to the pulp.
- Process the above mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Spoon 2 tsp of pulp into each serving glass, add water, ice-cubes and serve.
- Your delicious aam panna is ready!
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street