In the node detail page
Shengdanayacha Thecha (Peanut Chutney)
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Medium
Stir regularly while sautéing peanuts or they will get burned easily.
- 1696 views
Shengdanayacha Thecha is a coarsely pounded chutney-like mixture made with peanuts, lasoon and green chillies. Thecha is a condiment to spice up any meal, but is not too hot and goes well with any meal.
- Raw peanuts (shengdana) (1/2 cup)
- Green chillies, chopped (2-4)
- Garlic (lasoon), chopped (2-4)
- Oil (1 tsp)
- Heat the oil in a small pan. Add lasoon and green chillies and sauté for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Add the shengdana and sauté till they turn crisp.
- Keep on stirring to avoid burning them. They should just turn brown evenly. Crush this mixture into a coarse powder with a pestle and mortar.
- Serve it as a condiment or with jowar roti or bajra bhakris.