In the node detail page
- Serves: people
One word to aptly describe this dish is ‘chatpata’! Made with puffed rice, bhelpuri has a riot of flavours from the various chutneys and crisps added to it. To replicate the chatpata, yummy flavour, add black salt to give it the extra zing.
- 1087 views
Bhelpuri is the most famous snack chaat item that is said to have originated on Girgaum Chowpati in Mumbai as an easy to eat snack served by the beach.
- Puffed rice (kurmura) (4 cups)
- Sev (1 cup)
- Papadi, crushed (1 cup)
- Onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- Potato (aloo), boiled, peeled and cubed (1/2 cup)
- Sweet date-tamarind (khajoor-imli) chutney (1/4 cup)
- Green (hari) chutney (1/4 cup)
- Red garlic chutney (2 tsp)
- Black salt (sanchal) (1 tsp)
- Lemon (nimbu) juice (1 tbsp)
- Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya), chopped (1/4 cup)
- Salt (to taste)
- Papadi, coarsely crushed (2 tbsp)
- Sev (2 tbsp)
- Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya), chopped (2 tbsp)
- Raw mango (kairi), finely chopped (1 tbsp)
- Learn how to make sweet date-tamarind (khajoor-imli) chutney and green (hari) chutney, here.
- Combine all the ingredients for bhel in a large bowl and toss gently till all the ingredients mix well.
- Divide the prepared bhel into 4 equal portions and garnish each portion with 1/2 tbsp of papadi, sev, raw mango and coriander.
- Serve this special chaat item immediately, before it turns soggy!