In the node detail page
- Duration: 25 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Spice Level: Zero
Use only the sturdy raw mangoes and grate finely to get the right taste.
- 4611 views
This one is for the love of mangoes, yummy! Sakhar amba is a sweet and tangy mango chutney used as side dish in Marathi meals during summer when raw mangoes are easily available.
- Raw mango (1)
- Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Green cardamom powder (elaichi) (1/2 tsp)
- Saffron strands (kesar) (5-6)
- Peel the raw mango and grate it finely.
- In a bowl, add sugar, elaichi powder, kesar, and grated mango. Mix well and cover for 15 minutes.
- Now, heat a pan and put this mixture into it. Stir it intermittently till the sugar dissolves.
- Remove it from the flame and let the sakhar amba cool down.
- Serve as a side dish with the main meal.
- Store the rest in a tight jar and refrigerate.