In the node detail page
Papaya Sambharo (Papaya Chutney)
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
For best results, choose the rawest and the crunchiest of papayas.
- 708 views
Papaya Sambharo is a tasty Gujarati condiment, made from shredded raw papaya, green chillies and spices. This popular dish is often served as an accompaniment to gahtiya and other snacks.
- Raw papaya, grated (1 cup)
- Green chillies, chopped (2-4)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) (1/2 tsp)
- Asafoetida (hing) (a pinch)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Water (2 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Toss some mustard seeds into the hot oil. Add a pinch of hing as soon as the mustard seeds start crackling.
- Throw in the green chillies next and sauté for a minute. To this, add the grated papaya and salt. Mix well and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Now, add water and mix well. Cook for 5 mins. Stir it occasionally to prevent it from sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- Finally, add the MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder and mix well. Cook for 1 more minute. Serve it with a meal or gathiya or any other Gujarati snacks.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street