In the node detail page
Methi Mag Na Pudla
- Serves: people
Spice Level: Low
This dosa shaped recipe has a slightly bitter taste. Use fenugreek as mentioned in the ingredients to bring out its authentic flavour.
- 3255 views
Crepe-style dishes are very popular all over India and the Gujarati version is made with pulses like chana dal or moong dal, flavoured with simple spices and served with chutney either for breakfast or as an evening snack.
- Split green gram (moong dal) (1 cup)
- Fenugreek leaves (methi) (1/4 cup, finely chopped)
- Ginger-green chilli paste (adrak-hari mirch) (2 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch /Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Asafoetida (hing) (1/8 tsp)
- Oil (2 tbsp)
- Water (1/2-3/4 cup)
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak moong dal for 2–3 hrs.
- Place chopped fenugreek leaves in a colander and sprinkle 1/2 tsp salt on it. Let sit for 10–15 mins.
- Squeeze the leaves to extract bitter juices and rinse to remove excess salt.
- Drain the dal and grind along with ginger-green chili paste, MTR Lal Mirch /Red Chilli Powder, MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder, asafoetida and salt, adding enough water to make a thick, pancake/dosa-like batter.
- Add the fenugreek leaves to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tawa and pour a ladleful of batter on it. Lightly spread it to make a thin pancake/pudla.
- Drizzle oil around the pudla and cook for a minute on each side or until light golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with chutney or pickle.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street