In the node detail page
Keri Methi Nu Athani (Mango Fenugreek Pickle)
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Medium
The methi dana needs to be soaked in water overnight or it will remain bitter and spoil the taste of the pickle.
- 1698 views
Keri Methi nu Athanu (Mango Fenugreek Pickle) is a spicy mango pickle. It is easy to prepare and can be stored for a long time. It can be served with any dish like dal-rice, subzi-roti or even with a Gujarati thali.
- Raw mango, grated (1 cup)
- Fenugreek seeds (methi dana) (2 tbsp)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Salt (1 tsp)
- Pickle masala (achar masala ) (2 tbsp)
- Mustard oil (sarso ka tel) (2 cups)
- Wash and peel mangoes and then, grate them.
- Mix MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder and salt into it and keep it overnight.
- Soak methi dana separately in water overnight.
- In the morning, drain the water from the mango mixture and keep the water aside.
- Extract the methi dana out of the soaking water and add it to the water separated from the mango mixture.
- Dry both the mango and methi dana concoctions over a few days till they become moisture-free but keep away from sunlight.
- Heat 2 cups of oil in a kadhai for 3-4 mins and then, let it cool down.
- Mix the dried mango, methi dana and achar masala in a mixing bowl.
- Now, add the oil and mix the contents properly.
- Keep it in an airtight, glass jar.
- Store in a refrigerator to ensure that it lasts for a long time.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street