In the node detail page
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4–6 people
- 928 views
Looking for a new salad for your guests? Try this unique doodhi salad. Doodhi salad is a healthy recipe prepared with lauki and dahi, which makes a perfect accompaniment for parathas and theplas or as a side dish for lunch. Doodhi salad tastes better cold.
- Bottle gourd (lauki), grated (1 cup)
- Curd (dahi) (1 cup)
- Roasted cumin seeds powder (bhuna jeera) (1 tsp)
- Oil (1 tsp)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) (1 tsp)
- Green chilli, finely chopped (1)
- Curry leaves (kadi patta) (a few)
- Peel the lauki, slit and discard the seeds.
- Grate and cook the lauki with salt in as less water as possible. Allow it to cool. Squeeze out the water and keep aside.
- In a bowl, whisk dahi, salt and jeera powder. Add lauki and mix well.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan, add sarson.
- When it splutters, add green chillies and kadi patta.
- Sauté for a second and pour tadka over lauki.
- Mix well, check for salt and refrigerate it as the salad tastes good when served cold.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street