In the node detail page
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Spice Level: Low
Remember to not add in salt while boiling the dal. Always add the salt only after the dal has cooked thoroughly, as this will allow the dal to acquire a smoother texture while being boiled.
- 2273 views
Dal Lucknowi, also known as ‘Sultani Dal’, comes from the land of the Nawabs. This dal has a smoother texture when compared to other dals as it contains milk, which is a rather surprising ingredient in this lentil dish.
- Pigeon peas (toor dal) (1 cup)
- Milk (½ cup)
- Asafoetida (hing) (a pinch)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (½ tsp)
- Garlic (lahsun), minced (3)
- Dry red chillies (sabut lal mirch) (3 to 4)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1 tsp)
- Green chillies (hari mirch) (2)
- Salt (to taste)
- Oil (2 tbsp)
- Coriander leaves (hara dhania), chopped (1 tbsp)
- Thoroughly wash the dal and then soak it in water for about 15 minutes.
- Next, in a pressure cooker, toss in the dal, the MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder and the green chillies along with a cup of water. Time it to 5 whistles.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add the sabut lal mirch, hing and jeera to it. Keep sautéing for a few seconds.
- Now, add in the garlic and fry for about 30 seconds. Then, add in the cooked dal and the milk.
- Mix well and keep boiling for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in salt as per taste and then take off the flame.
- Garnish with hara dhania and serve hot with chappati or rice.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street