In the node detail page
Dakor Na Gota
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Spice Level: Low
Prepare this batter half an hour before you actually plan to make it. This will give it the right texture.
- 4788 views
Dakor Na Gota is a delicious Gujarati snack. It is a must-have during the festive season and is believed to have originated from a village called Dakor, hence the name.
- Gram flour (besan) (2 cups)
- Semolina (rava) (1/2 cup)
- Ginger-green chilli paste (1 tsp)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1 tsp)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Fennel seeds (saunf) (1/2 tsp)
- Coriander seeds (sabut dhania) (1 tsp)
- Sesame (til) (1 tbsp)
- Soda bicarbonate (a pinch)
- Sugar (1 tbsp)
- Lemon (nimbu) juice (1 tsp)
- Oil (2 tbsp)
- Coriander leaves (hara dhania), chopped (2 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Oil (for frying)
- In a deep bowl, mix all the ingredients with a cup of water. Whisk well to make a smooth batter. Keep aside for 20 mins.
- Heat oil in a kadhai. With the help of a spoon, drop small balls of the batter into the oil.
- Deep fry a few at a time on medium flame till they turn golden brown from all sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot with hari chutney.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street