In the node detail page
Curd Roti (Dahiwali Roti)
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Serves: 3 to 4 people
Spice Level: Low
Roti pieces tend to absorb buttermilk slowly but well, so remember to wait a few minutes to let the buttermilk disappear. Also, use only fresh curd to prepare the buttermilk.
- 2114 views
Dahiwali Roti is a popular breakfast dish of Gujarat. It can, however, be savoured for lunch or dinner as well. It is also one of the best ways of utilising leftover rotis. This dish is loved in Uttar Pradesh too, though it is made without the jaggery.
- Buttermilk (2 cups)
- Oil (1 tsp)
- Black mustard seeds (sarson) (½ tsp)
- Black gram (urad dal) (1 tsp)
- Chappatis, leftover (4 to 5)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (¼ tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (½ tsp)
- Salt (to taste )
- Jaggery (gud), grated (1 tbsp)
- Break the chappatis into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and urad dal to it.
- Once they begin to splutter, toss in the roti pieces and sauté for a few seconds.
- Switch off the flame and then add in the buttermilk, the MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder, gud, the MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder and salt.
- Stir well.Cook on a low flame for about a minute while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street