In the node detail page
Chichinda (Snake Gourd Vegetable)
- Duration: 25 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Low
Use fresh and firm chichinda. Also, always taste the chichinda before cooking as sometimes it is bitter.
- 3655 views
Chichinda sabzi is a comfort food ideal for a rainy day. This dish is savoured with rice or rotis and is a protein, fibre and iron rich vegetable which is often cooked in mustard oil which gives it a unique flavour.
- Snake gourd (chichinda), cut into thin rings (2 cups)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1 tsp)
- Asafoetida (hing) (1/4th tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Mustard oil (1 tbsp)
- Salt (To taste)
- Wash the chichinda and cut into thin rings.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add hing and jeera.
- As the jeera splutters, add MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder and put in the chichinda.
- Stir well and add salt.
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium-low flame until tender.
- Serve hot with roti and dal.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street