In the node detail page
Badshahi Khichdi Aloo Ki Sabzi
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Spice Level: Low
Make sure that the potatoes to be used in the recipe are not of the slightly-sweet variety and are medium-sized, as these two factors greatly influence the taste and flavour of this dish.
- 848 views
This is perhaps one of the few vegetable dishes that is prepared solely as a side-dish to the badshahi khichdi and is not served or cooked for any other combination, or even as a stand-alone dish.
- Potato, peeled and cubed (1 cup)
- Yellow mustard seeds (sarson) (1 tsp)
- Onion, sliced (½ cup)
- Ginger-green chilli (adrak-hari mirch) paste (1 tsp)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (½ tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch/Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- MTR Dhaniya/Coriander Powder (1 tsp)
- Salt (To taste)
- In a pan, heat ghee and toss in the sarson. As soon as it has started to crackle, add in the onions and keep sautéing on a medium flame for about a minute.
- Then, add in the ginger-green chilli paste, MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder, MTR Lal Mirch/Chilli Powder and MTR Dhaniya/Coriander Powder and keep sautéing on a medium flame for another minute.
- Next, add in the potatoes and salt and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep cooking for 5 more minutes, or till the potatoes have softened.
- Serve over badshahi khichdi.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street