In the node detail page
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2 people
Spice Level: Zero
Do not soak the almonds in hot water, as their nutrients may leach into the water. Also, do not add in a lot of water while blending, as this will leave lots of coarse grains in the milk. Remember to not use almonds that haven’t been soaked well either, as this won’t yield a smooth milk texture.
- 1973 views
Badam Milk is a cold drink that is much-loved across India. Cold Badam Milk is a great summer cooler, but when made using warm milk, it can become a fantastic winter drink as well. Almond milk is rich in calcium and can help prevent osteoporosis.
- Almond (badam) (1 cup)
- Pistachios (1 cup)
- Chilled milk (3 cups)
- Sugar (to taste)
- Green cardamom (hari elaichi) powder (2 tsp)
- Kewra essence (2 tbsp)
- Rose water (gulab jal) (2 tbsp)
- In a blender, grind the almonds and the pistachios into a smooth paste.
- Add a little milk to do this mix.Once the paste is ready, add in some more milk, the sugar, elaichi powder, kewra essence and rose water.
- Blend well. Serve chilled in a tall glass.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street