In the node detail page
Athela Marcha (Raita Marcha)
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Spice Level: Medium
It’s vital to store this pickle at room temperature for two days. This will give the chillies enough time to marinate and soak up all the flavours.
- 5568 views
Athela Marcha literally means pickled chillies. It adds an instant kick of spiciness to any meal. Easy to make, this dish pairs particularly well with Khichdi or a Kathyawadi Thali.
- Green chillies (15-20)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) (1 tbsp)
- Fenugreek seeds (methi) (1 tbsp)
- Fennel seeds (saunf) (1/2 tsp)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Asafoetida (hing) (a pinch)
- Lemon juice (1 tsp)
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Salt (To taste)
- Wash and cut the green chillies into long strips.
- With a pestle, crush the sarson, methi and saunf into a powder.
- In a bowl, mix this mixture with salt, hing and the MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder.
- Heat the oil in a pan on a low flame. Add the above mixture and sauté it for a bit.
- Then, mix this dry masala with the green chilli strips. Finally, add the freshly squeezed lemon juice into it.
- Mix well and store in a cool place.
- Serve it with Bajrina Rotla, Methina Thepla or Bhakri.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street