In the node detail page
Rajasthani Doodhiya Kheech
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2–4 people
Stir milk continuously as milk fat tends to stick to the base of the vessel and burn.
- 3211 views
Rajasthani Doodhiya Kheech is a famous sweet dish whose origins can be traced to the old homes of Udaipur. It is similar to rabdi and tastes best when made on a sigdi (small angithi) in a degchi (copper utensil).
- Whole wheat (gehun) (1 cup)
- Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Full cream milk (2 cup)
- Cardamom powder (elaichi) (1 tsp)
- Saffron strands (kesar) (2–3)
- Almonds, slivered, optional (for garnishing)
- Wash wheat 2–3 times and soak in water overnight.
- In the morning, drain the excess water and grind the wheat into a coarse paste without adding water.
- Pressure-cook the wheat with 1 cup of milk and ½ cup of water through two whistles.
- In a kadhai, heat the remaining milk on low flame along with sugar and kesar till it has reduced by half.
- Now add the cooked wheat and elaichi powder to the reduced milk and mix well.
- The kheech is ready. Garnish with almonds and serve hot.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street