In the node detail page
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Serves: 2-3 people
Make sure the rice grains are separate after boiling, to avoid mushy rice.
- 2042 views
Commonly known as methi, menthyada soppu (Kannada), venthayam (Tamil), menthulu (Telugu), or ulluva (Malayalam), fenugreek is one of the healthiest green leafy vegetables. Interestingly, it is used both as a herb (the leaves) and as a spice (the seed).
- Cooked rice, preferably long grain variety (1 cup)
- Fenugreek leaves (methi/menthulu), chopped (1 cup)
- Red tomato, finely chopped (1 medium size)
- Green chillies (hari mirch), chopped ( 2-3)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1/4 tsp)
- Asafoetida (hing) (1 pinch)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (1/4 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder (1/4 tsp)
- Lemon (nimbu) juice (1 tsp)
- Salt (1 pinch)
- Ghee (2 tsp)
- Soak rice at least 15 mins before cooking in advance.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai on medium heat.
- When it is hot, add cumin seeds, let splutter and then immediately add asafoetida.
- Be careful while adding green chillies as it can splutter, stir it well.
- Now add MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder and MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder.
- Add finely chopped tomato pieces and cook well until aromatic.
- Mix in chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves.
- Add salt and some drops of extra hot ghee and the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Now slowly add rice to it and mix it with light hands.
- Serve hot.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street