In the node detail page
Masala Potato Poriyal
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2 people
This poriyal can be made without the turmeric powder, sometimes the white potato poriyal looks more inviting.
- 1978 views
This homemade potato fry is a simple and common side dish eaten with many rice varieties. This dish is hit with the kids and the spice levels can be adjusted as per the child's taste and preference.
- Potatoes (aloo) ( 2)
- Onion ( 1)
- Oil ( 2 tsp)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) ( 1/4 tsp)
- Split Bengal gram (chana dal) (1/4 tsp)
- Split black gram (urad dal) (1/4 tsp)
- Fresh coconut shreds (1/2 cup) or desiccated coconut powder (1 cup) soaked in ( 1/2 cup water)
- Coriander (dhaniya) seeds (1/4 tsp)
- Dried red chillies (lal mirch) (4-5)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (1/4 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Boil, peel and slice the potatoes.
- Now grind coconut, dried red chillies, coriander seeds to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal.
- Next, add onions, MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder and ground coconut paste.
- Sauté for a minute and then add potatoes and mix well.
- Let cook for another 5 mins. Stir to ensure that all potatoes are coated well with the mixture.
- Serve hot with dosa/parotta/rice/ poories.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street