In the node detail page
- Duration: 25 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Low
Manga Thokku has a short shelf-life. When refrigerated, it lasts for up to a week. Use only tough green mangoes for this recipe.
- 1005 views
Manga Thokku (pickle) has a nice combination of flavours and tastes best when it has a well-balanced seasoning. It goes well with Tamil breakfast and snack time favourites like Paniyaram, Akki roti, Ragi Rotti, Chakli, Murukku or Thengolu.
- Green mango, grated (1 cup)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- Asafoetida (hing) (a pinch)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) (1 tsp)
- Fenugreek seeds (methi) (1/2 tsp)
- Oil (4-5 tbsp)
- Curry leaves (kadipatta) (4-5 (Optional) )
- Salt (to taste)
- Grate the mango and keep it aside.
- Heat some oil in a kadhai. Add sarson, methi and hing and stir.
- As soon as it starts spluttering, add the grated mango and the MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder and sauté it.
- When the quantity reduces to two-thirds of the original amount, add the rest of the oil and stir for about 2to 3 minutes. Keep on the stove for 1 more minute.
- Remove the kadhai off the heat. Set it aside, uncovered until cool.
- Store in a clean, dry bottle, and cover tightly.
- Mango Thokku is ready to be served with dal rice, curd rice, dosa or any of the snacks mentioned above.