In the node detail page
Lobia Ke Kebab
- Duration: 40-50 minutes
- Serves: people
Spice Level: Medium
Try to use minimal amount of water to grind the lobia. About 1–2 tablespoons are sufficient to grind the lobia into a smooth paste.
- 6476 views
Lobia ke kebab is a delightful vegetarian snack from the Kashmiri cuisine. The black-eyed beans are used to make this dish. These kebabs taste absolutely delicious when served with green chutney and sliced onions.
- Black-eyed peas (lobia) (500 gm)
- Onion (finely chopped) (1 cup)
- Salt (to taste)
- MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chili Powder ( 1 tsp)
- Green chili (hari mirch), finely chopped (1)
- Ginger powder (saunth) (1/2 tsp)
- MTR Dhaniya/Coriander Powder (1 tsp)
- Asafoetida (hing) (1/4 tsp)
- MTR Garam Masala (1/2 tsp)
- Roasted gram flour (besan) (1/4 cup)
- Ginger (adrak), grated (1 tbsp)
- All-purpose flour (maida) (1/4 cup)
- Coriander leaves, chopped (1 bunch)
- Clarified butter (ghee) (for deep frying)
- Wash and soak the peas overnight or for at least 5–6 hrs in water.
- Next day, drain the water and grind the lobia into a smooth paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a pan and fry the chopped onion till it is light brown in colour.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the lobia paste, gram flour, fried onion, spices, salt and chopped coriander. Mix well to form a smooth dough.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Take a lemon-sized portion of the dough, flatten it with your palms and form a round disc of an inch thickness. Similarly, shape all the kebabs.
- Dust the kebabs with maida and shallow-fry them in small batches in the hot ghee.
- Cook till the kebabs turn golden brown and crisp from both sides. Keep flipping the kebabs at regular intervals while cooking.
- Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- You can serve this Kashmiri vegetarian delight with sliced onion and chutney of your choice.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street