In the node detail page
Kothu Parottas (Parottas Strips)
- Duration: 25 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Medium
If you want a spicier version, you can add some red chilli powder or curshed black pepper.
- 1239 views
Kothu Parottais a popular street food across Tamil Nadu. It’s cooked with left over parottas (a layered paratha made with maida), which are shredded and cooking with lots of sautéed onions and vegetables. Kothu Parottas are perfect as a breakfast delicacy or to kill that 4 pm hunger pang.
- Parotta (2-3)
- Onion, sliced (1)
- Tomato, finely chopped (1)
- Green chillies (2-3)
- MTR Garam Masala (1 tsp)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) (1 tsp)
- Curry leaves (kadi patta) (2-3)
- Mint leaves (pudina patta) (3-4)
- Green coriander (haradhania), chopped (1 tbsp)
- Oil (2 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste )
- Shred the parottas into small pieces or strips, and keep them aside in a plate.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add sarson and kadi patta. As the sarson sizzles, add the onion and green chillies. Stir till the onion turns golden brown.
- Now, add the tomatoes and sauté for a while till they turn soft. Add the MTR Garam Masala Powder, some chopped hara dhania, and a few leaves of pudina.
- Next, add the shredded parotta and mix everything together. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with hara dhania and split green chillies.
- Serve for breakfast with raita or as an evening snack.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street