In the node detail page
Chai (Tamil Style)
- Duration: 10 min
- Serves: 2 people
Tamil-style chai is milky in taste. For that authentic taste, make it with solely milk and mix the tea between two tumblers /glasses to give it its traditional touch.
- 1052 views
Roadside tea stalls are famous in Tamil Nadu for multiple reasons. A bench on which people sit with that day’s newspaper, discuss politics loudly with a steaming glass of tea in hand and the tea master who mixes the tea in a big steam boiler from incredible heights is one of the best sights to behold.
- Milk (2 cups)
- Tea powder (chaipatti) (2 tsp)
- Sugar (to taste)
- Heat milk in a pan.
- Add the tea powder and keep stirring.
- Allow it to rise three to four times.
- Stir and keep boiling for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the heat.
- Add sugar in cups or glasses and then sieve the tea in them.
- Now slowly transfer the tea between the 2 glasses so that it froths on the top of the glass.
- Your delicious chai is ready to be served.
Note: You can adjust the quantity of tea powder, milk and sugar according to your taste/preference.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street