In the node detail page
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
Making ‘ada’ for ada pradaman at home is what gives the dish its authentic flavour. So make sure to cook/simmer ada in fresh coconut milk for that irresistible unique taste.
- 2374 views
This extremely popular and tasty dessert from God’s own country is made using coconut milk, which is a natural cure for stomach problems.
For the Ada
- Rice flour (1 cup)
- Salt (a pinch)
- Water (approx. 2 tbsp)
For the Pradaman
- Jaggery (gud), powdered (1 cup)
- Water (1/4 cup)
- Coconut (nariyal) milk (first milk) (1/2 cup)
- Coconut (nariyal) milk (second milk) (1/2 cup)
- Clarified butter (ghee) (2 tsp)
- Coconut (khobra), chopped (2 tsp)
- Cashew nuts (kajoo) (5–6)
- Raisins (kishmish) (5–6)
- Add approximately 1 cup warm water, little by little, to the rice flour, until it is a thick and smooth paste.
- Spread the batter on a banana leaf, roll and steam for 10 mins.
- Allow it to cool completely. Once cooled, cut the ada into smaller pieces.
- In a wok/pan, melt jaggery in water and allow it to boil.
- Add ghee and the ada pieces to it.
- Now add the first coconut milk and continue to boil the ada pradaman.
- When it starts to thicken, add the thick coconut milk and when it comes to boil, switch off the heat.
- Heat ghee in a small pan and roast the chopped coconut pieces, cashews, raisins one by one. Pour them over ada pradaman.
- Your authentic dessert is ready for Onam Sadya.