In the node detail page
Uppu Huli Dosa
- Serves: people
Uppu huli dose is served with a generous sprinkling of jaggery, coconut, and a large dollop of butter. Soaking the coriander seeds and dry red chillies overnight gives this dosa its authentic taste.
- 4069 views
A popular dish in Mangalore, Udupi huli dose is a prominent breakfast served in many Udupi homes. In fact, Udupi cuisine is one of the most celebrated cui-sines around the world.
- Raw rice (1 cup)
- Par-boiled Rice (1 cup)
- Whole green gram (sabut moong) (1/2 cup)
- Husk black gram (urad dal) (1/4 cup)
- Coriander seeds (dhaniya) (1 tbsp)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1 tsp)
- Fenugreek seeds (methi) (1 tsp)
- Dry red chillies (sukhi lal mirch) (5)
- Tamarind (imli) (lemon-sized ball)
- Fresh coconut (nariyal) (grated) (1/2 cup)
- Powdered jaggery (gudh) (1 tbsp)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Sesame (til) oil (2 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak the rice and dal overnight along with coriander seeds and red chillies.
- Drain the excess water and grind the soaked ingredients along with other mentioned ingredients into a smooth batter.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Heat an iron tawa on low flame, and grease it with sesame oil.
- Spoon a ladle full of batter on the centre of the tawa and spread it in a circular motion, just like a regular dosa.
- Spread ¼ tsp of oil on the sides of the dosa and allow it to cook covered for 3–4 mins.
- Open the lid, flip the dosa and cook for another 2 mins.
- Repeat the same method for the entire batch.
- Serve it hot, and if you wish you can add your favourite Udupi sambar.