In the node detail page
Pav Bhaji Pulao (Tawa Pualo)
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Low
Don’t mix the rice and spices too vigorously, as it will turn into a mushy mess.
- 4846 views
Tawa pulao is a popular Mumbai street food, wherein pre-cooked rice is sautéed with vegetables and spiced with pav bhaji masala. Most of the pav bhaji stalls across the city serve this delicious dish. It’s prepared on the same tawaa as pav bhaji and thus, the name.
- Pre-cooked rice (1 cup)
- Green peas (mattar) (1/2 cup)
- Carrot (gajar), chopped (1/2 cup)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1 tsp)
- Ginger paste (adrak) (1/2 tsp)
- Garlic paste (lasoon) (1/2 tsp)
- Green chillies, finely chopped (2-3)
- Onion, finely chopped (1)
- Tomatoes, finely chopped (1)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- MTR Pav Bhaji Masala (3 tsp)
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Butter (2 tbsp)
- Green capsicum (hari Shimla mirch), chopped (1/2 tsp)
- Lemon juice (1 tsp)
- Salt (To taste)
- Steam the gajar and mattar in a steamer or in the microwave along with some salt.
- Then, heat some oil and butter in a pan. As soon as it heats up, add the jeera and let it splutter.
- Next, add the adrak and lasoon paste and green chillies and sauté for 1 minute.
- Now, add chopped onions and salt. Cook till it turns brown.
- Then, add the hari Shimla mirch and tomatoes. Mix well and add 1/2 cup of water and cook till the tomatoes turn pulpy.
- Add the MTR Haldi/Tumeric Powder, the MTR Lal/Mirch Red Chilli Powder and the MTR Pav Bhaji Masala and saute.
- Cook till the oil starts separating from the tomatoes.
- Then, add the steamed gajar and matter, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice next, and mix everything delicately without breaking the grains.
- Sauté for 2 minutes so that the rice gets heated thoroughly.
- Finally, squeeze some lemon juice, mix and serve piping hot.