In the node detail page
Onion Tomato Curry
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Medium
Coconut oil is an integral part of Keralan cuisine. If you don’t like it’s flavour or smell, you can always substitute it with a regular vegetable oil.
- 13144 views
Onion Tomato Curry has typical coastal flavours of ground coconut and spices. Easy to make and usually served with rice or dosa, it’s the go-to dish if you run out of vegetables.
- Onion, sliced (1)
- Tomato, chopped (2-3)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- Curry leaves (kadi patta) (4-5)
- Coriander leaves (hara dhania), chopped (1/4 cup)
- Oil (2 tbsp)
- Salt (To Taste)
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Add the onion slices and sauté till they turn golden brown.
- Next, add the chopped tomatoes and kadi patta. Stir till the tomatoes become soft and pulpy.
- Mash the tomatoes well with a ladle. Then, add the MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder, the MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder and some salt.
- To this, add 1/2 cup of water and bring it to a boil on a medium flame.
- Garnish with haradhania and serve.