In the node detail page
Mathura Ke Dubki Wale Aloo
- Duration: -
- Serves: - people
In case you are planning on adding fresh ginger instead of dry ginger powder (saunth), then you must first sauté the ginger pieces along with the green chillies till the raw aroma of the ginger has disappeared.
- 2577 views
The interestingly named Mathura Ke Dubki Wale Aloo is a thin-gravied, spiced curry made using potatoes. It is a no onion, no tomato and no garlic paste dish that is best savoured with poories and kachoris. The dish’s distinct flavour comes from an ingredient mix of saunth, hing and desi ghee.
- Potato, boiled and peeled (5)
- Green chillies (hari mirch), finely chopped (3)
- Dry ginger powder (saunth) (1 tsp)
- Dry mango powder (amchur) (1 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Sugar (1 tbsp)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1 tsp)
- Asafoetida (hing) (½ tsp)
- Coriander leaves (hara dhania), chopped (2 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Ghee (2 tbsp)
- Cut the boiled potatoes into cubes. Mash them lightly and then keep aside.
- In a kadhai, heat 2 tbsp of ghee. Then, add in the hing and jeera. As soon as it has started to splutter, add in the mashed potatoes, the MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder, saunth, amchur, sugar and salt.
- Next, pour in half-a-cup of water to form a thin gravy. Keep boiling for 2 to 3 minutes and then, switch off the flame.
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee separately. Once it has heated up, pour it onto the potato mix and immediately sprinkle on the MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with poories or kachoris.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street