In the node detail page
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Zero
- 3278 views
If you have a sweet tooth, this is the one must-try you can’t miss. Punjabi Poora is a rural, hot-selling sweet dish in Punjab. It is somewhat similar to a Malpua.
- Wheat flour (atta) (1 cup)
- Fennel seeds (saunf) (1 tsp)
- Sugar (To Taste)
- Ghee (For frying)
- In a paraat, sieve the wheat flour and add crushed saunf to it. Mix well and add sugar. Mix again and add water to make a paste. Mix well so that the entire sugar dissolves.
- Heat a non-stick pan and smear it with ghee in a circular shape.
- Take a spoonful (serving spoon) of the poora batter and pour it into the middle of the tawa.
- Now, spread it into a five-inch round disc with the back of the serving spoon.
- As soon as it starts turning brown, flip it with a ladle.
- Once golden brown on both sides, transfer it into a plate and serve hot with tea.